Activities further afield
EPAKO allows you to experience Africa’s natural wonders in comfort and style.The reserve itself is home to over 2000 animals, 170 species of birds and 11,000 hectares of unspoiled, beautiful bushveld. Should you wish to venture further afield, you can take advantage of the following non-exhaustive list of optional activities and excursions (consult us for prices).
Optional activities / excursions departing from EPAKO (tariffs on request)
Excursions by plane or helicopter (1 to 2 hour flights) departing from EPAKO Lodge’s private airstrip, including:
- Etosha Park, the largest wildlife park in Namibia, in the north of the country.
- Twyfelfontein, situated 180 Kms north of EPAKO. Cave paintings (UNESCO heritage site).
- Waterberge Plato Park (to the east) with guided game drives (Highlights include tracks of dinosaur, rhinos, rare roan and sable antelope species, dune fossils).
- Walvis Bay (on the western coast): shark fishing / spotting of whales and/or dolphins according to season.
- Namib Desert to the south-west, Sossusvlei with huge sand dunes up to 375m in height.
Excursions, departing from Epako:
- Spitzkop Mountain, archaeological site. Location for filming of “2001: A Space Odyssey”.
- Dinosaur Tracks, a 1-hour drive from the Lodge
- Otshirongo (Bushman paintings), a 1-hour drive from the Lodge.